Arty Parky 2017 – Accessibility
All Arty Parky locations will include an additional tabled area for wheel chair users / people who have difficulty bending down to enable safe participation on a tarmacked area. Here users can design their own individual patterns that will then be incorporated on to the larger pattern on the lawn. Some pre-gathered material will be available for those who are unable to forage for their own.
All Arty Parky activities are on a drop-in basis and participants can stay as long or as little as they wish.
Head4Arts staff will be available throughout the day to assist as required
If you have any enquires before the day please contact Head4Arts – 01495 357816
Bedwellty Park (Tredegar, 28 October)
This venue offers the easiest access for people with mobility difficulties. The artwork location is in front of the house, next to the café area. The venue includes:
· Disabled parking bays next to the House entrance
· Tarmacked pathways around the house and the gardens
· Accessible Cafe
· Accessible toilets
Pontypool Park (29 October)
The artwork will be sited on the grassed area near to the bandstand. This is a short distance from the Leisure Centre via a tarmacked path.
· Disabled car parking area is available, in front of the entrance to the Leisure Centre (the barrier is raised on request via the intercom)
· Accessible toilets and café are in the Leisure Centre
Cyfarthfa Park (Merthyr Tydfil, 02 November)
The artwork will be sited near the bandstand area, to the right of the Castle
· Accessible toilets at park entrance and in the museum (from 12 noon onwards)
• There are parking bays close to the site
Morgan Jones Park (Caerphilly, 03 November)
The artwork will be sited on the grassed area to the right of the main entrance.
· Car parking bays are close to the location
· Accessible café close by (with an accessible toilet)